Friday, June 7, 2013

The Long, Hard Road to Successful Fat Loss Part 1: The Begining

A recent post on Flourish titled Five Reasons Why You Should Enter a Weight Loss Competition got me thinking a bit. The first thought was it was kind of an odd time to release an article on weight loss competitions going into the summer months. In my experience most people want to lose weight prior to summer so they look good in shorts or in a bathing suit. However, I realized the majority of Americans need to lose body fat regardless of the time of the year. As I thought about it more I realized that the personal success I had in my weight loss journey started in the summer of 1995 when I successfully lost thirty pounds in three months. In addition to that I have also had other successes with weight loss so the purpose of this post is to explain when and why I lost weight, what I did that was successful and how you can do the same. In addition I will discuss the tools I had access to as well as what I wish I had that didn’t exist at the time. Finally, there may even be a way to find social support to make your goals a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment