Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tasty Tuesday 7/5/16: Steamed Vegetable Option #1

I often get asked questions on how I have an easy time eating vegetables.  One way is a simple recipe I am going to share with you.

Regarding cooking equipment all you need is a Steamer - nothing fancy, just a good basic Steamer for vegetables. 

I call  this "Steamed Vegetable Option #1."  Regarding ingredients/food all you need is the following:
  • 1 Bag of Vegetable Medley.  In this photo I use Broccoli/Cauliflower.
  • Olive Oil
  • Lime Juice (I use the Organic brands)
  • Celtic Sea Salt
  • Pepper
Here are the directions:
  1. Once the water is boiling, empty the bag of vegetables into the steamer and steam them to the consistency you desire (I like to steam them for 6-minutes). 
  2. Once steamed, put the vegetables in a large bowl.  Most of the time I will put a pre-cooked, cut up chicken breast at the bottom of the bowl and put the vegetables on top. 
  3. Add 1-2 TBSP of Olive Oil, 1/2-1 TBSP of Lime Juice, 1/4-1/2 tsp of Celtic Sea Salt, and a pinch of Black Pepper for flavoring.
Give it a try and let me know how it tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment