Monday, April 1, 2013

Resistance Training Program I am Currently Doing: The 4X Program

I am getting lots of positive feedback from posts where sample workouts are includedThe
program I am currently doing is the 4X Program.  This is a program that Ironman magazine endorses.  It involves lots of exercises and very short rest periods which is something I have liked in past training programs so I will give it a try. 

Here are the guidelines:
  • Resistance:  Pick a weight or resistance you can do 15 reps with to start
  • Sets and Reps:  4 Sets of 10 Reps on the majority of the exercises 
  • Rest:  30-seconds on upper body exercises and 45-seconds on lower body exercises
  • Tempo:  3010 (3-seconds on the eccentric phase, no pause on the bottom, 1-second on the concentric phase and no pause on the top
  • Time Under Tension (TUT):  Each rep should take 4-seconds and if you do 10 reps the set should last 40-seconds
  • Progression:  If you can do 40 total reps (10 reps on all 4 sets) increase the weight a bit
  • Final Note:  You should be able to get through quite a few exercises with the short rest periods on this program
A future posts will have the specific split and exercises I am using.  Also, you will be able to follow my personal workout programs and progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment